The Environmental Policy and Culture Program prepares students for a variety of career options with government, non-profit organizations, corporations, and environmental consulting firms. The program also helps prepare students for graduate studies in environmental policy, conservation, sustainability and development, and for law school.
Career opportunities for experts in environmental policy are expected to grow as government, nonprofit organizations, and businesses try to develop sustainable approaches to resource management, especially in the areas of energy, water, transportation, and public lands.
EPC students have gone on to pursue a variety of careers in the public and private sectors and in graduate programs and law school. Here are some examples:
- Yale University School of Forestry and the Environment
- University of Pennsylvania Graduate Program in Sustainable Architecture
- Cambridge University Program in Environment and Urban Development
- The Environmental Law and Policy Center in Chicago
- The Center for Neighborhood Technology, Chicago
- The Congressional Committee on Energy and the Environment, Aide.
- The Alliance for Climate Protection, Washington, D.C.
- Teach for America
- Environment America
- Pew Charitable Trust
- Center for American Progress
- Forest Hill Energy and Wabashco, LLC